Saturday, March 5, 2011

Final Blog Reflection

When I began this blog I felt somewhat overwhelmed by how much writing it looked like I was going to be doing. But as the days went on I gradually found myself having an easier time writing than the previous entry. Honestly my first blog was a bit of a train wreck, I found myself stopping every other sentence and going back to make small corrections, or to change the way I worded a sentence, but now I just keep typing and the words really come out. I have also noticed that my vernacular has improved, there were times when I would struggle to find the right word to put in a sentence, but now the sentences just flow right out of my fingertips and into my posts. I always dreaded English as a subject to take in school, I always felt it was too much writing, but I think my problem was that I felt I was good enough at writing that I didn’t need to change anything about it. After writing all of these journal entries I realized how much my creativity in writing has come along. At first I would take my topic idea and think about it before I began writing, thinking about what I should say and what I shouldn’t, but eventually I would look at my idea, and just start reliving my past and everything that makes me who I am and the topic would pretty much write itself. When this blog first started I did somewhat dread having to write every day, but honestly now after doing it I actually somewhat enjoy it. I discovered that I miss my childhood, as I am sure many other people do as well, but that I am also looking forward to finishing school and starting a whole new adventure. What I do know is that with my career in writing movies and screenplays starts to happen, I will have a lot of good experience in writing without hesitation and not worrying about how it will turn out, because I know if I write from my heart and what I believe, then whatever I write will be a great read.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have made progress and learned a bit about yourself as a writer along the way. You have a pretty good beginning at a well honed writing process and I hope you keep writing. Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete