Wednesday, March 2, 2011

When are you happiest? 2-25-11

When I am looking through my camera lens at someone acting out a scene we wrote days before I become so happy that I completely forget about everything else. The main reason I came to school at Ozarks Technical Community College was to pursue a career in filmmaking, something about creating a memorable film from scratch makes me extremely happy and I do it as often as I can. The first film I really ever remember making that wasn’t just goofing around was called “The Briefcase”. One weekend two of my friends came over to stay for a couple days and we decided to make a movie while we were all at the house. Basically the first half of the movie we made up as we went along, my friend Mike was delivering a briefcase to my friend Bob, when suddenly Bob shot Mike and stole the briefcase. We actually filmed the second half of the film the night before and the next morning we planned out what we wanted to put before it because it didn’t make a lot of sense at the time. The movie ended up being around seven minutes long and in that entire movie there was only one line of dialogue. That to me I think has been the hardest part of making a movie. Writing dialogue is a little tougher to me than conveying a story, I could make an entire movie without saying a single word, it might not make sense to everybody but to some they can understand what happens. So after that I started writing more dialogue in my movies and trying to convey more emotion, but it is tough when none of your friends have any acting experience. To me making a movie with my friends makes me the happiest.

No comments:

Post a Comment