Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Why do you think some people take advantage of others? 2-27-11

I believe that in this day and age the unfair prosper and the honest and hardworking people get left behind, but that isn’t going to stop me from being an honest, hardworking person. People take a lot of shortcuts to get ahead in life lately and that is because the people that employ them have usually done the same thing. It is a pretty vicious cycle but unfortunately most people today have made their careers by being unfair or taking advantage of someone, and if that way of life works then why would anyone want to stop taking advantage of people to get themselves a head start? What is sad is that most people let themselves be taken advantage of, sometimes they know it, other times they are completely oblivious. But those who notice it usually let others take advantage of them because they feel like they are their friends and that it is the only way they feel better about themselves. I have had many people take advantage of me before, mostly because I am way too nice to people and I am way too forgiving as well. I give too many people too many opportunities to make things up to me but I always end up getting taken advantage of, but I feel that being a good person now will be rewarding later in life when there is something I really want or need. Unfortunately this is how the world is going to be until we can somehow get back to a way of life that is more about respect and less about getting ahead by any means necessary, and I don’t see how that will be possible as long as there are dishonest people in the world taking advantage of nice, hardworking, honest people who are just trying to make their own way, the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment