Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Who or what has had a strong influence in your life? 2-28-11

My parents have been a strong influence in my life for as long as I can remember, they have always supported me in everything I have ever done. When I started skateboarding they bought me my first skateboard and took me to all the skate parks, when I started riding bikes they bought me my first bike and hauled it everywhere for me. When I started filmmaking they bought me my first camera and eventually sent me to school to learn more about it. They didn’t always support me in the way of being over encouraging but more financially encouraging with everything I wanted to do, I think if there was anything I ever wanted to try they were there to back me up and making sure I got to explore my passions. It was a great childhood growing up and I am glad they always supported me. They always taught me the differences of right and wrong, they taught me how to be a gentleman and to be polite to others, they taught me self control and self restraint. They have always been a positive force in my life even if at times I felt like they were being mean to me. I realize now that they did some of the things they did for my own good, sometimes they let me fall to learn that I needed to get back up, but other times they knew some things weren’t right and stopped me from getting hurt. Although they aren’t overly encouraging they do encourage me in their own ways. They always take the time to watch what I have learned or done with what I wanted to do, and they always gave me positive feedback. Throughout my life my parents have always been a driving force in who I was going to become and they still are to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment