Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What are some nutritious foods that you like? 2-18-11

I was never a healthy food kind of guy, if my parents asked me to eat my vegetables I would always pout about it. I always had a high metabolism so I never worried about what I ate, because I was young and it didn't affect me.  But as I got older I started noticing I wasn't as energetic as I used to be, I thought it was because I was getting older but I believe now that it was because I didn't have a good diet.  I am still not a big fan of most vegetables, but as for health foods in general I feel like it has become a bigger part of my life.  The only real vegetables I enjoyed were cold, fresh cauliflower and peas with corn. I liked almost every type of fruit and now I try to keep only healthy foods as part of my diet.  A couple servings of broccoli and cauliflower as my veggies and maybe some oranges or apples for my fruit, all natural breads and water are parts of my diet as well.  After switching to healthier foods I noticed a big change in my attitude and my energy, I loved to run around and exercise, I was happier and I wanted to get out and enjoy life more than I had wanted to back when I ate pizza and drank dr. pepper.  I am glad I made the change to incorporate healthy foods into my life and it has definitely made me a better person all around.  My friends and family all notice that I am more outgoing and have much more energy and strength, and I don't believe I would have the drive to exercise if I never changed what I ate, sometimes as a snack I will have a can of mandarin oranges and a bottle of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment