Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What is your favorite holiday? What makes this holiday special? 2/15/11

My favorite holiday would have to be christmas because it is a time that I get to see my entire family for a while, we all live a ways away from each other and it is a good time for everyone to get together for the holidays. I really enjoy the cooking that we all get to do, since I also enjoy cooking I try to help as much as I can or even make my own dish. The conversations at the dinner table are also a lot of fun, I get to hear all about the things that have been happening in everyones life and I get to share the things that have been happening in mine as well. Also the presents are a lot of fun, there are still a few young kids in the family and they really enjoy putting out the cookies and milk for Santa and trying to go to sleep and once they wake up they are beyond excited to run to the tree to see what he has left them. Since there are several kids there we always make them wait in their rooms until they are all awake and ready to come down, it may seem cruel to them but it is much more fun when they all get to see it at the same time. I love getting a gift for someone and seeing how much they enjoy it, especially when they didn't ask for it in the first place. It is always the presents that they didn't ask for that they really enjoy that mean the most to them because that really means you need to know your family and what they like. It is just a great time to be with your family and also with the ones you love the most.

1 comment: