Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What is the best birthday present you ever received? 2/16/11

The best birthday present I have ever received would have to be my first Mac computer, it really opened up the windows to filmmaking for me, before I had a computer I could only edit my videos at school and that was only for forty five minutes everyday which was nowhere near enough for me. I would have to say that I quickly filled up the entire harddrive with movies I made with my friends which led me to putting them all on a dvd or an external hard drive for storage. I spent so many months on that computer I do not know how it survived as long as it did. I may have shut it off a total of three times in the four years of owning it, but it was the most fun I ever had with something. If I ever had any spare time I was coming up with new things to film with my friends so I could edit them and show them off to my family and friends. If I didn't get that computer I do not know where I would be today, maybe I would still be into filmmaking or maybe I would have found something entirely different to do with my life, but I am extremely glad I got into filmmaking because with my overactive imagination it is the perfect way to express myself artistically. I remember one video I made with my friends, we all came over to my house and spent the weekend making it, we completely adlibbed the script and just spent the day filming a story as we went along. After we finished filming I spent the next nineteen hours straight editing the video together and that video is still one of my favorites I ever made to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment