Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What would you do to entertain your family without spending any money? 2-22-11

Well what I already love doing to entertain my family that doesn't cost me or anyone any money is making movies.  I love just sitting around with my family and coming up with a silly little story that I get all the kids involved into helping me make, I have made several little movies with my kids and my cousins, nephews and nieces that we love showing off to the family.  The most recent one I made was with my two children, one day my father and I sat around and drew up a script about a bad poker player, a treasure hunter, and a crooked bartender. It was set to be a western so we got out our Halloween costumes and got all dressed up.  My dad played the crooked bartender and the kids tried to play the other roles of the bad poker player and the estranged treasure hunter.  Being so young it was hard to get them to act the correct scenes but after a while we had gotten all the shots we needed.  Everything was shot in a day and by Christmas I had made a DVD for everyone in the family to take home.  We ended up calling it "Spaghetti-O Western" which everyone thought was the perfect title for the film.  The time before that I had shot a hostage movie with my aunt and cousins that was funny as well.  I hope that sometime soon I can make more movies with my family, but that will have to wait until I finish up with school. But when that finally happens I think that we will be making many more movies due to how much the kids love acting and being on camera and pretending to be the heroes in their very own film.

No comments:

Post a Comment