Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What is the best advice you ever received? 2/14/11

The best advice I have ever received was probably from my mom who told me "It is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you react to it." which basically boils down to meaning that whenever something bad happens or something unexpected comes your way, to not lose your cool and keep a level head. That has pretty much been my philosophy for the past several years since she has told me that. I have had many times in my life where a normal person would scream or cry or yell or fight when something happened but I just remember that how you react to something that really defines you as a person. I like to think of myself as a level headed individual who is really laid back and always having a sunny disposition but the truth is sometimes I feel like pulling my hair out or screaming at something, but I just remember that it is ninety percent how you react to something that really defines the outcome of a situation. So I maintain my composure and continue on with what I am doing as if it doesn't bother me at all and eventually I work my way through the issues and I emerge victorious where others would have given up a long time ago. There have been other times I have been given good advice but this one has really stuck with me throughout my years when I nedded it the most and I am glad I got that advice when I did. It has been pretty inspirational to me and it has shown in many projects and activities I have done. It has given me some real tenacity when it comes to finishing projects or jobs and maintaining my composure.

No comments:

Post a Comment